Monday, April 28, 2008

Busy busy Springtime


I've been working on a new needlelace and beaded piece but that's all I'm going to say about it for now - I'm busting to post pix of it, but there's just that little bit left to finish and I want to post the whole project in one go, so here are some pix of other things we've been up to. The semi-ruin in the middle distance is the Cathar castle of Saissac in the Montagne Noire, about twenty minutes drive, where we went to check out a boucherie/charcuterie we had been told had good produce.


These pix show the bud one day and the flower the next.

This pic shows the two rows of lettuce I put in the potager - I really like taking shadow pix - I think they are fun. I also dug up and separated the strawberry plants, to make a cordon around the edge of the potager. I find they give more fruit if I spread them out.



Here's the orange/peach rose bush giving us a wonderful show this year, and a pic of a single bloom DH cut for me to try to show the colour better.

Here's a darling fig just starting to swell. We put that tree in year before last, but late in the season, so we only had three or four figs last year. Hopefully there will be many more this year.


And last but not least, here are the brown-y purple iris being just too gorgeous.

No comments: