Saturday, April 5, 2008

Studios and other thoughts


Yums - got these at the market this morning - very happy making - along with our first bunch of asparagus of the season.

While we were walking through the Bastide St.Louis, I thought of using architecture in this month's challenge - old buildings. I especially like crumbling rock and peeling paint for embroidery, so I'll add that to my list of Change challenges. Here is a piece I did shortly after we moved here, of the abbey ruins at Alet-les-Bains.

Then, while checking one of my favourite blogs, Beading At The Beach, the author showed pix of her studio. I just love looking at other creative people's studios, so I thought I'd include a couple of pix of my workspace - la voila - enjoy.

Now that I've taken the pix, the studio seems really organised and neat, and it makes me feel a tiny bit embarrassed. I do most of my handsewing at the dining table, which probably explains it.

2 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

ooo...I'm jealous you have strawberries already! We still have to plant ours...
I love your studio space and had to smile when you said the neatness made you slightly embarassed....I find myself aplolgizing too when people comment on how neat my studio is...we must both have been raised to believe that chaos equals creativity...I know I was! But, I'm working on getting over that old idea, lol!
I know for some artists having a lot of "stuff" out is necessary for their creative process but for me (and many other artists), I have to start with a blank space and then add bits and pieces to it as the work progresses.
Maybe I'll post a photo of my workspace right after I've finished a piece and before I clean it up to get ready for the next one.

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Oh my gosh, I enlarged the photos of your studio -- and couldn't believe my eyes --- there on the wall is a photo of a man who could be my father.

Please tell me more about him -- and take a look at THIS PHOTO -- you will certainly see a definite resemblance. My email is: beadingram@mac.com

Thank you ----