Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Balance

The August Take It Further Challenge is balance. Easy peasy. This has always been a big idea for me - in art, in life - because I'm an October baby, a Libra, the balance.

I got out the watercolour crayons yesterday morning and doodled these designs, just filling up the paper, going up, down, sideways. The sketch that appeals is the one with the balance, in the bottom right hand corner, and that's what I'm going to do, with maybe the sign of Libra somewhere in it.

I'm going to use just the blues in the pallette because I don't like them in combination with the reds this month. Rather, I'm going to use some purple like in the sketch, which is what you get when you mix red and blue anyway. Off to search through stash for the colours now...

1 comment:

Guzzisue said...

you're quick off the mark :-) looks promising ( my design ideas are still in my head)