Go figure - I found some more sunflower-inspired things I've done in the past. It makes me think that I chose this subject for the first BJP this year because it's something I'm familiar with and I wanted to start with something I find easy. Well, that's the excuse, anyway (grin). This first one is made up of needlelace petals on copper wire cordonets that I did for the cusion cover but that I decided not to use on that piece. I attached them to a cheap tin bangle, giving the circle in the middle.
This piece is my bag bag. It hangs in the kitchen, and I squidge up those plastic carrier bags from the supermarket into the top, then pull them out the bottom as I need them to line the kitchen waste bin.
And this pic shows as far as I got this morning on the 2008 September BJP piece - I stitched around the seedheads then cut back the silk dupion to show the darker silk noile. Now it's onto stems, shadows and tattered leaves before I can even begin beading the seedheads.